09 August 2009

Transition Town Movement (Some basics)

As I make suggestions regarding Katuah I want folk to understand the Transition Town movement. It is in it's infancy (maybe toddlerhood). The movement "starts off when a small collection of motivated individuals within a community come together with a shared concern: how can our community respond to the challenges, and opportunities, of Peak Oil and Climate Change?"

The movement sees a very local/regional approach to energy decline. I think there is a lot of sense in the approach they are taking. The Transition Primer is a very brief introduction on how to start a transition intiative in your area. Also, the Kinsale Energy Descent Plan (KEDP) is the first transition document that tried to envision what a town with less oil looks like.

Honestly, the KEDP feels a bit rose colored and brief for me. I envision a much more comprehensive and regional document coming out of Katuah. So if you are reading this, have an interest in transition, and feel like you would like to participate in starting the process of transition in Katuah, email me and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome!
Please use the Name/URL option (you don't have to register, just enter a screen-name) or sign your anonymous post at the bottom.
ANONYMOUS POSTS WILL BE DELETED.
Thanks,
AJ